Sunday, April 7, 2013

Upcycle glass insulators - in the birdbath!

by Debra Anchors

Image:  Sierra Foothill Garden 
I enjoy displaying a few vintage blue insulators in the birdbath.  Clearly, these Western Bluebirds enjoy them as well!












Image:  Eyeballs By Day, Crafts By Night
Insulators are needed to contain electricity.  First produced in the 1850's for use with telegraph lines, glass insulators are relatively easy to find at yard sales and flea markets in a variety of colors.




Recycle, upcycle and do it yourself? Absolutely! Have you upcycled something unique for your garden from recycled materials? Please share it with me so I can feature your creation here.

If you enjoy this website, you might like my magazine, Gardening Life. AND, don’t miss my more traditional gardening website, Gardens Inspired.

I hope you found inspiration today. Remember to subscribe, so you won't miss a thing!

Until next time -
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment